Oakland Arena and Ring Central Coliseum are committed to reducing our environmental impact.
What We're Doing
We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
Here are just a few of the projects we have implemented to minimize our environmental impact:
- Awarded LEED certification by the US Green Building Council in September 2015
- Created a recycling program for glass, plastic, aluminum, cardboard, paper and more
- Created a closed-loop composting program
- Installed water-efficient faucets throughout the facility
- Installed energy-efficient lighting and motion sensors throughout the stadium
- Created a program to purchase 100% post-consumer recycled-content paper products
- Implemented a green cleaning program, utilizing ionized water cleaning solutions in place of most chemicals
- Supported Oakland’s Creek to Bay cleanup events with volunteers and donations